Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Strawberries or Raspberries?


Strawberries or Raspberries? No not the fruit, but the scars that one gets when they fall off their bike, crash on their Razor scooter when riding in the rain, carpet burns from trying to "sled" down the stairs, trying to do a back flip when jumping form the swing and the list goes on. Oh, and all of these things happened in the last 5 days! Can you tell we have an active bunch of kiddos!

Our 4 year old, Lane, is our most active and accident prone. He has no fear. Three months ago he taught himself how to ride a bike without training wheels, he has the 2 wheel Razor scooter just like his older brother and his ability to climb, hang and jump is amazing.

This past weekend, Lane had cuts and scratches from head to toe! So many, that we ran out of band aids. As we were tending to his battle wounds, I asked him to count his Raspberries. I think we counted 9. The next day at preschool, his teacher apparently asked him how he got all his "Strawberries" to which Lane just explained to her his many crash and burn episodes.

Later that night at the dinner table, we were having mixed fruit with dinner and it included raspberries and strawberries. Lane looked up and said "Hey, there are raspberries and strawberries on my plate, just like on my head!". I looked at him and told him I only saw raspberries on his head. He then proceeded to tell me his teacher called them strawberries. After he told us what his teacher had said, he then exclaimed, "I don't care what you and Ms Hart call them, but I don't want any more fruit on my body, I just want it in my mouth and in my tummy!"

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment